Posted to alt.home.repair
cowabunga dude cowabunga dude is offline

Default Ripoff tire company

Last summer I got four tires put on, less than 10,000 miles on them. Right rear tire has slow leak. Took it to discount tire, not where I got the tires, didn't want to drive 100 miles to get flat fixed.

Man said he needed to do safety inspection. He checked tires, mileage, and came in telling me I need new tires and he can fix me right up. The price he quoted was lower than what I spent last summer, but I had to keep insisting, I don't need new tires, I just got these last summer. It seemed like he was about to put on new tires whether I wanted them or not. I didn't even want a price quote.

Finally he gave up.

It's crazy the way he was trying to push me to buy new tires when I don't need any and don't want any.

I know he's probably been trained that way, but I don't like it.

Money, money, money, that's all they care about. Customer service comes in fifth.