Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default (slightly OT) glueing wood to glass

-MIKE- writes:
On 7/13/16 8:15 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
sawdustmaker writes:
SWMBO wants a wood frame around the mirror in the bathroom (hints -- humid
& moist). My first thoughts are contact cement, construction adhesive
(liquid nails), or maybe some type of super glue. What kind of adhesive
would y'all recommend?

I'd rebate the inside of the frame and use pins or glazing points
to hold the mirror in place.

I'm guessing the mirror is already adhered to the wall.

A wide taping knife worked to remove the bathroom mirror that I framed
(which was adhered with construction adhesive), but point taken.