Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Debug advice Kenmore coldspot 106-59422801 stopped refrigerating

On 7/12/2016 11:16 PM, Danny D. wrote:
a. The old equipment tested good (as far as I could tell)
b. The jumper rig should have bypassed the relay (but not the OEM cap)
c. All this 3n1 "hard-start kit" did was replace those two things

Maybe it's a "bigger" capacitor?
http://i.cubeupload.com/8YQ1wK.jp

There's no mention on the package of how big the cap is, but physically,
the combination unit is far beefier than the OEM unit. So I dunno...
http://i.cubeupload.com/VD0haS.jpg

Do you think it could be as simple as the compressor just needed a
"beefier" cap?

Why would it need a beefier cap?

A more-capacitance cap would have a lower impedance and allow more
current to flow. More current in a motor means more torque.

There is still the possibility that the original cap is defective. That
the parts-place check did not measure capacitance, or if it did, it
wrongly concluded that the capacitance that it measured was the needed
value.