Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Passing UF Wire Through Shed Wall

On 7/12/16 12:14 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

A bunch snipped.

As far as protecting the wire, the only way it can be physically
damaged would be if an animal chewed through it. There is no
access between the shed and the fence, just a 4" space. Enough
for me to reach in and mount the body, but that's about all.
It'll be about 4' from the ground, so an animal would need to
climb the wall/fence to chew on it.

Lots more snipped.

Squirrels and mice would be my concern. I've had to repair
cable squirrels have damaged by chewing on it. Shielded cable. I've
had to repair damage mice have caused after getting into an electrical
box through a 1/2" conduit hole.
This isn't the same but close enough for a town this size:
Bing image http://alturl.com/w53go

Mice got into the box mounted on the horizontal beam that is about 4'
below the pipeline. There were 3 pieces of coax like wire running
through the1/2" conduit hole. Someone got careless and didn't
install the cord retainer.