Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Deoxt

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:45:58 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

In the US, Caig once had a relationship with Cramolin - selling
Cramolin's products packaged for US markets. That relationship
failed. And - the story behind the Caig Company, DeOxit,
Cramolin and Cramolin Red is fascinating and does not reflect
well on Caig.

I will not use Caig's products. Full Stop.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Here's part of the story:
http://www.pitt.edu/~szekeres/caigcram.htm
I'm not sure if the story allegedly from Mr Graham, prez of Caig rings
totally true. The "hazardous material" story seems to be a cover for
a financial arrangement that went awry.

I still have a small bottle of Deoxit R-100L. Over about 20 years,
I've only used half the bottle, mostly because I dispensed it by the
drop with a syringe. Q-tips and sprays are wasteful. However, for my
day to day stuff, I mix my own secret formula cleaner. It's secret
because I never mix the stuff accurately or twice the same way. I
also can't recall exactly what I tossed into the stew last. I think
it's mostly naphtha (Coleman lantern fuel), a little oleic acid, and
some automobile engine oil phosphorescent dye so I can see where I
slopped the stuff with a UV light. Or, maybe it was some solvent red
26 dye. Ask me again in about 5 years when I'm scheduled to run out
and need to mix another batch.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D