Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Jet Engine

In article ,
RayL12 wrote:
I was astounded when I was told that Bloodhound(?) used a Formula
1 engine to deliver the fuel.

I'd be surprised. They are not designed for a long service life.
Rebuilt after every race.

If I remember right, Dave, it was a TV screening. I must go to
Bloodhound Web and have a look.

Ah. TV. Where every Rolls Royce wartime V12 is a Spitfire engine. ;-)

The thing with F1 is the engines are designed for the formula as it exists
at that time. Doesn't mean they are the best or easiest way to get the
required power output for any given job.

--
*Black holes are where God divided by zero *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.