Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Deoxt

Ralph Mowery wrote:

As stated above I have been repairing some electronics over the last 40
years as a hobby and never tried the Deoxit. As all reports seem to say
this stuff cures anything that WD 40 won't.. ( I never use WD 40 by the
way for various reasons.)

** IME, good old WD40 cures many contact problems that DeOxit will not - particularly when penetration deep into a mechanism is required.

There are many similar products too, like CRC2-26 that have the same formulation and so do exactly the same job while costing more.

What the heck do you use ?

..... Phil

It has been a while from the last time I looked in the scope, but best I
remember that while the part you turn is a rotary switch, the contacts
are actually slide switches of sorts. Then as it was mentioned it may
attack the plastic. Some cleaners do and some don't. I used to use LPS
cleaner and never found plastic that it would affect.