Posted to alt.home.repair

Default broken piston rod

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 09:41:26 -0700, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

On 7/11/2016 9:36 AM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 09:28:13 -0700, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

On 7/11/2016 9:27 AM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 07:33:26 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

The plot thickens... So the crankcase is damaged too?

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Go ahead and include a gouged cylinder, broken rings, damaged crank,
etc..

don't forget to replace the engine block.

How much would it cost the OP to buy a "short block"?

I am sure we are about to find out, in about 1000 posts and several
weeks time.

And what is he going to use it on when he's finished? Sounds like he
picked up a scap engine and thinks he can make SOMETHING out of it.
(based on his thinking $64 for a con-rod is too expensive for the
application)