Posted to alt.home.repair

Default broken piston rod

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 05:16:07 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain
wrote:

On Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 11:57:21 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:
The crank case gas a 2" X crack. Is crank made from steel or Al? I was thinking of having it professionally welded if less than $60.
Or using a Mg sparkler ;
I was watching youtube about using JB Weld?

AL alloy...excuse me for chuckling about JB! 8^)

The crankCASE is aluminum alloy. The crankSHAFT is steel

I know guys who have used JB Weld on crankcases. The repair has often
started leaking oil within a year or there-abouts. You NEED to get it
CLEAN before patching to stand even half a chance.