Posted to alt.home.repair

Default broken piston rod

On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 21:49:26 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

The crank case gas a 4" X crack. Is crank made from steel or Al? I was thinking of having it welded. I was watching youtube about using JB Weld?

The crank is steel. If the crankcase has a 4 inch hole in it, there
is a good chance it's "tweaked" too. If I was in the bush in Africa
I'd likely try fixing it, but around hrere, realistically, it's really
not worth fixing. If I was going to fix it, I'd have it welded. You
need to bake all the oil out before either welding or gluing the hole
shut. It is NOT a simple repair.