Posted to alt.home.repair
Taxed and Spent Taxed and Spent is offline

Default broken piston rod

On 7/11/2016 6:51 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 04:07:39 +0100, Deodiaus wrote:

I have a Honda 530 GXV engine for a riding mower with a broken piston
rod (13200-Z0A-801). I found ones on the internet, but they go for
$60, which is a lot for this. Does anyone have an idea of how close
are the tolerances for other onces that I might find? If I go to a
junk auto yard, do I have a reasonable chance of finding one in a car
with the same dimensions, or do cars use much bigger ones? If I look
around for lawn mowers, with a Honda engine, how much of a chance is
there that I'd find one which fits, or are they really propriatary
with custom dimensions.

I like to laugh at people having trouble with old fashioned petrol
mowers. Electricity is the future.

go ahead and laugh, until the generator throws a rod.