Posted to alt.home.repair

Default broken piston rod

Deodiaus wrote:
The crank case gas a 2" X crack. Is crank made from steel or Al? I
was thinking of having it professionally welded if less than $60. Or
using a Mg sparkler ;
I was watching youtube about using JB Weld?

Your obvious lack of expertise in this field leads me to recommend you just
buy another motor . The chances of a successful repair -in light of your
questions - are between slim and none . I recently rebuilt a Kohler KT17Q
opposed twin that had a broken rod . It took a new crank , rods , pistons ,
and a machine shop and TIG welder to repair . I have all these tools , you
don't or you wouldn't be talking about using JB Weld ...

--
Snag