Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default Americans urged to 'buy a gun, get trained, carry it always'

On 7/10/2016 4:33 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/10/2016 02:54 PM, SeaNymph wrote:
That's another point that was made, more than once, in the class. If
you're stopped at night, turn on your dome light and put both your hands
on the steering wheel, in plain sight.

I do that as a matter of course even without a CCW. I was amused when
after one friendly interaction that resulted in a warning ticket when
the officer asked me if there were any guns or knives in my vehicle that
he should know about. "No, sir!". Meanwhile I was thinking "Give me a
few minutes and I'll work up an inventory. Should I start with the
SpyderCo in my back pocket?"

I figure a traffic stop is a lot more stressful for the cop than me and
there's no reason to raise his adrenalin levels.

Well, we were told in the class that it's better for you to tell the
officer, right away, that you're carrying. Explain that you have a
concealed carry permit, and tell him where the gun is.