Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] philipuk@gmail.com is offline

Default The Jet Engine

On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 9:44:33 AM UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:
BTW, Whittle initially used petrol as fuel, before changing to paraffin. That's better known outside the UK as kerosene.

Someone on here thinks he knows about Jet Engines. Besides quoting Wikipedia at the rest of us are there any on here that actually do know a thing or two about them for I would love to learn more.

I recently read Stanley Hooker's autobiography on them (twice) but he left great gaps in the narrative. Some things are self explanatory, to the expert, that leave most of us lost and disenchanted.

Check out this Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AgentJayZ

It's by a Canadian who overhauls Jet engines for a living.

Here is his website:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~tgard/

More stuff there than you can shake a stick at.

Philip