Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Now we've left the EUSSR.

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 08/07/2016 09:22, Rod Speed wrote:

They are on what gets agreed with the EU to get free trade.

Countries outside of the EU that have trade deals don't require to have
free movement of people.

Name one that has the same free trade deal like Norway, etc. Basically,
the four 'freedoms' go together. If you want a deal without one of them,
you'll not get the full others. Or rather that is what exists now.

No-one knows what will happen as negotiations haven't started but its
unlikely to be the worst scenario predicted by some on this group.
Trade is a 2 way process and if, say, French farmers believe that they
may disadvantaged by a deal with the UK their form of protest by
blocking the roads to Paris may change politicians minds.

And the leavers hope we can get a far better deal than any other country
outside the EU has managed. Which would then open the gates for those
countries - like Norway - to demand the same.

If the remainders get their way and a second referendum is held on the
outcome of the negotiations think what may happen if all the existing EU
rules are still in place and we have to pay just as much for the
privilege. The politicians better have plan B at that time. By then they
may be thinking more about their political future in the next general
election!

Try looking at things from the EU side. To give in to the UK opens a whole
can of worms. Like other countries leaving the EU for the same deal. And
the EU isn't stupid.

The same arguments for the UK being better off outside the EU apply to
some other countries in the EU too.

--
*Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was SHUT UP .

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.