Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Flat or slightly sloping roof question

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
On Saturday, 9 July 2016 21:48:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jul 2016 21:18:32 +0100, Weatherlawyer
wrote:

On Friday, 8 July 2016 16:37:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Many years ago when I lived in Australia some houses had "tin" roofs.
Apparently when it rained the noise was awful.

Made up for, no doubt, by the fact it was raining.

The tin has several inches of insulation under it. The major problem is
preserving the weather seal at joints. Tin flexes in violent winds and
expands and contracts a lot more than stone or clay. Large sheets being
both a blessing and a downfall. I imagine going around the finished
product with a soldering iron might be the only way to cure that.

Wouldn't the solder tend to come away from the steel when flexing occurred
on hot sunny days?

Like the sealant strips always do you mean?

You're typing to a known ****.