Kurtis Bahr

Default Pioneer DV-C503 won't play CDs anymore

This could be a couple different things. As the RF level from the pickup
decreases the Digital Audio will dropout long before the analog video and
sound. Also the spindle motor centering could be off adjustment as CD's
require a more precise centering than LD's.

If digital audio works when playing LD's then the first thing I would look
at is spindle motor centering.

Kurtis

"ang" wrote in message
om...
"JS" wrote in message

I have a Pioneer DV-C503 that has stopped playing CDs completely. It

does
still play DVD movies without problems.

When you load the CD, it attempts to read it, and you can hear a faint
clicking noise. I believe this noise is the laser pickup trying to

read.
When it decides it can't read the CD, it opens the tray.

I have search the net, but have not been able to find this problem. Any
ideas? This player is about 2 - 2.5 years old, and has not had allot of
use.

Thanks in advance!
Jim

Mine does the same thing. I noticed it would play older CDs 1 out of
10 times that I loaded them. I also noticed that it always plays CD-Rs
without fail. Trying to play newer CDs causes it to make the clicking
sound you mentioned. Once that happens, I have to turn it off to get
it to play anything.