Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 94,517,000 Americans Not in Labor Force...

Uncle Monster wrote:

I don't understand people who say they're helpless because they can't
find a job. I went to work for myself and got together with other
guys in my situation who did the same thing. We did remodeling,
service, installations and all sorts of repair work. If you have any
skills, you can find work. And when you demonstrate your competence,
work finds you. Someone can work from home if they can find a non
scam online job. When I get back home, I'm going to look into working
online because I can't crawl around or climb ladders anymore. I'm
going to look into some CSR work if I can find it because that's
something that can be done from a wheelchair. Perhaps I could do some
phone sex work? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Working Monster

Sometimes having skills and all the tools isn't quite enough ... we moved
to a very small community , and the job market here is already saturated
with handymen and home repair people . I'm a "hobby machinist" and weldor ,
but not much call for those skills either in a tourist driven economy . The
only job market here for those around my age is fast food or Walmart ... and
I bring home more drawing SS than I'd make at either . Between getting laid
off from the last cabinet shop I worked at and moving up here , I ran a
small home repair business . Not exactly steady work , but it did put some
food on the table .
--
Snag