Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 94,517,000 Americans Not in Labor Force...

On Saturday, July 9, 2016 at 9:31:00 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/9/2016 5:15 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I don't understand people who say they're helpless because they can't find a job. I went to work for myself and got together with other guys in my situation who did the same thing. We did remodeling, service, installations and all sorts of repair work. If you have any skills, you can find work.
[8~{} Uncle Working Monster

There is a fallacy to your argument. Read your last nine words.

Some of the out of work people have loads of student loans, a masters
degree in 4th century Greek sculpture and not a single marketable skill.
High schools are eliminating shop programs and kids graduate with no
idea how to even push a lawnmower. But they can tell you how to get to
level 16 of a video game.

I'm mostly self taught about everything I ever did for work because I know how to read and retain information. There are a lot of young people who want to know how things work and their thirst for knowledge should really be cultivated. Darn, I wish I was able to teach kids what I know about how things work and how to keep them working. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Teacher Monster