Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rheilly Phoull[_2_] Rheilly Phoull[_2_] is offline

Default Magnetic door holders question

On 8/07/2016 9:25 PM, wrote:

Remember the power in these systems comes from a backup battery to make
it fail safe. It would involve major rebuild costs to do that.

Not true. Most of the systems that I have seen will automatically release the doors during a power fail. Since these are fire doors, the default is to close them in any "emergency". A power failure is considered an emergency and the doors are released.

As matter of fact, during a fire inspection we will trigger these doors in one of two ways: 1) Fire alarm trip and 2) power failure. In order for the facility to pass the inspection, both methods need to work.

Dan

True, but we were discussing the mechanism's operating power.