Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flat or slightly sloping roof question

On Friday, 8 July 2016 17:39:39 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 08/07/16 16:37, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
David wrote:
Looking at replacing a small flat roof on an extension (thread a
couple of months ago).

Expected cost around £1k.

I was looking at the powder coated steel roof of our shed the other
day and thinking that it was looking pretty good 3 years or more on.

I know that this is not a traditional finish for a flat roof on a
domestic property, but is there any other reason not to?

Many years ago when I lived in Australia :-( some houses had "tin" roofs.
Apparently when it rained the noise was awful.

I lived in a tin roofed converted garden shed in S Africa. When it
hailed, which it did, often, it was deafening.

Mind you it wasn't insulated either.

I assume that insulation, joists & ceiling would much reduce the noise.

NT