Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Now we've left the EUSSR.

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 08/07/2016 07:39, Big Les Wade wrote:
lid posted
On 07/07/2016 20:42, bert wrote:
It tightens the labour market which pushes up wages, and the slackest
part of that market is currently the low paid.

How does it do that?

All the (potential) leaders have stated it will have no significant
effect on immigration so where does this tightening come from?

No they haven't, and even if they had, they aren't in a position to
determine the outcome.

I think you will find you are incorrect there

No he isnt.

and if all the parties don't want to change immigration then what makes
you think it will change?

Even the stupidest polly has noticed that
a majority of the voters want on that.

And what matters is that both May and Leadsom have noticed
and one of them will be deciding what happens on that.

The fact that about 60% of immigration has nothing to do with the EU
should tell you something about what the governments think about
immigration.

Like hell it does when the politicians that matter want
the same system for EU citizens as with non EU citizens.

We aren't going to start an immigration war with the EU just because we
leave.

Having the same system for EU citizens
as there already is with non EU citizens is
nothing even remotely like an immigration war.

I predict that we will negotiate a free trade deal and free movement just
like we have now.

Neither May nor Leadsom is actually that stupid.