Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dedicated circuits for wet bar?

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 20:16:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi,
The NEC requires I install 2-20amp circuits for a kitchen. I'm remodeling my basement and installing a wet bar. It's not a kitchen, because there's absolutely no provision for a stove. I'm not sure on what the NEC says about this situation. I can't find anything about wet bars except that I need a GFCI within 6ft of a wet bar sink. I acknowledge that I can always do better than the code, but does anyone know the rules for this case?
Thanks
Theodore.

That is not a kitchen. Just use a GFCI on any receptacles you choose
to put near the sink and you are fine.

Article 100 definition
Kitchen. An area with a sink and permanent facilities for food
preparation and cooking.