Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default TOT;Similes

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 18:51:21 +0100, soup wrote:

On 06/07/2016 17:28, Malcolm Race wrote:
On 06/07/2016 16:17, David Lang wrote:
Similes Heard these recently which made me laugh; "As full as a fat
woman's sock"
"As welcome as a ginger stepson"
"It went down like a fat kid on a see saw".

As useful a a pork chop in a Synagogue As effective as a f*rt in a
spacesuit

I'd heard that last as "as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit"

That's how I remember it. Unfortunately, since a spacesuit encloses only
the individual responsible for the source of said farts, personally
speaking, I normally enjoy my *own* farts which belies the intended
meaning behind that simile afaiac.

I suspect I'm not peculiar in appreciating the aroma of one's *own*
farts. I think it offers reassuring feedback on both the state of health
of your digestive system and the efficacy of the "Marking of your
personal space".

If the originator of that simile truly doesn't enjoy the smell of their
own farts, all I can say is, "I'm glad I'm not him"[1].

[1] It can only be a "him" since women don't fart (at least according to
popular western culture).

--
Johnny B Good