Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default TOT;Similes

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 18:49:33 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 06/07/2016 17:28, Malcolm Race wrote:
On 06/07/2016 16:17, David Lang wrote:
Similes Heard these recently which made me laugh;

"As full as a fat woman's sock"
"As welcome as a ginger stepson"
"It went down like a fat kid on a see saw".

Anyone got any more? :-)

As useful a a pork chop in a Synagogue As effective as a f*rt in a
spacesuit

Making more noise than "a skeleton having a wank in a biscuit tin".

It's strange (thought it best to avoid 'funny') how such a mental image,
conjured up by that last one, can induce laughter in spite of the many
implausibilities in such a concept of a (presumably male and somehow
animated) skeleton wanking into a biscuit tin despite the complete lack
of the fleshy member required to perform such an action.

I guess the act of discounting the first implausibility of a skeleton
being able to mimic the functions of the live person of which it was
previously a vital part simply commutes to discounting the remaining
implausibility due to the absence of fleshy parts otherwise so vital to
the act of wanking.

I rather suspect that the funnier it seems (assuming you've never
previously encountered this phrase on a frequent and regular basis), the
more intelligent and cerebral you're *likely* to be. You need a vivid
imagination and an enquiring mind to get the most out of this particular
mental image, methinks. :-)

Dammit! There I go again! Analysing the humour out of yet another funny
simile. No, wait a moment... No, it's ok, I *still* find it funny! :-)

--
Johnny B Good