Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default TOT;Similes

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 16:17:15 +0100, David Lang wrote:

Similes Heard these recently which made me laugh;

"As full as a fat woman's sock"
"As welcome as a ginger stepson"
"It went down like a fat kid on a see saw".

Anyone got any more? :-)

The first two were "so so" (just the faintest of wry smiles). However,
the last one was so funny, I couldn't read it out loud for laughing (a
full belly laugh, no less!). I guess what made it so funny was my
comparison to the original, "It went down like a lead balloon" which, I
sincerely hope, was the inspiration for this 'refreshing update' on what
has become a rather tired smile raising simile.

I'm sorry to say, I can't think of any such smile inducing similes off
the top of my head that aren't already in common use or else *extremely*
rude. I just thought you'd be pleased to know that the third one scored a
'bullseye' with at least one of your readers.

--
Johnny B Good