Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Now we've left the EUSSR.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Timothy Murphy wrote
John Rumm wrote

Project Fear was a name the Leave campaigners came up
with to try to discredit the facts they had no answer to.

Unfortunately, time is showing that the worst forecasts are coming true.
I see it is suggested that the pound may fall as low as equality with the
dollar.

Also, all the candidates for the Conservative leadership
(except possibly Gove) seem to hope to recover exactly
the same position with the EU that we had before the
disastrous decision to leave it.

Quite. We joined a Europe free trade area for very good reasons

Yes.

- and those reasons if anything are more valid today.

Nope. Free trade has become much more of a fashion/fad
now world wide and we have also seen bit cuts in the level
of dutys and tariffs when there isnt free trade too.

Any subsequent consequences of the EU merely being extremely petty
regulations or whatever. That in any case can't (or won't) be reversed.

Even sillier than you usually manage with the most important
stuff like state subsidys for infrastructure when that makes sense
and other stuff like shutting down perfectly viable coal fire power
generation that is still the most viable way to generate power
apart from nukes.

So the entire operation would seem a complete waste of time.

Rather more than that. With a right wing government
in charge, the poor will suffer even more relatively.

Even sillier than you usually manage. There is no
reason why Britain leaving the EU should make it
any more likely that there will be a right wing govt.

The reason there isnt going to be another Labour
govt any time soon is because Blair and Brown so
comprehensively ****ed off most Labour voters
that they were actually stupid enough to end up
with that fool Corbyn driving the Labour bus and
that has ensured that Labour wont be back in
govt until they get rid of Corbyn.

The same poor who swung the vote to leave.

Even sillier than you usually manage. The poor didn’t swing
the vote to leave any more than any other group did. They
are in fact by far the least likely group to bother to vote and
they are about the least fickle with their votes even when they
do manage to drag themselves away from the pub to vote.