Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Now we've left the EUSSR.

`On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 16:13:01 +0100, Another John
wrote:

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
There is no doubt that the whole Brexit thing *is* going to cause a
load of upheaval, delay and cost. No one knows how much or for how
long that will last (if not for ever). It may even cost lives (it's
already cost one that I know of) because with any major change there
will be winners and losers.

Do you think the poor who voted out because of high immigration in their
area will end up being winners? If so, could you please explain how?

I saw this article ...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...tons-who-voted
-to-leave-the-eu

... summarised in that wonderful weekly publication "The Week" (a
round-up of "what the papers say" -- get it -- it's great!).

Yes folks, it's the Guardian, but it's giving a voice to ten people who
voted Leave.

Ten very politically motivated people by the looks of it, not
particularly representative of the public at large.

I haven't been able to work out why, but I somehow felt a
little bit better after I'd read these brief accounts.

And I feel further dismayed. I feel that because these all seem
'politically motivated' people and all seem to be *hoping* for the
same things, none of which are likely for any reasons they give and
just seems to be the same old stuff trotted out by most of the
'leavers' we have seen here and elsewhere. ;-(

Hopes don't always turn into reality though do they and rarely do when
there is little evidence to support them.

Cheers, T i m