jakdedert

Default Info needed on Technics turntable & Toshiba amp.

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 04:50:56 +1100, Bob Parker
put finger to keyboard and composed:

A customer of mine bought a Technics SL-Q210 turntable. He'd like
the owner's manual or at least info on how to set up the anti-skating
bias etc.

This particular model is not listed, but perhaps the setup is similar
to one or more of the other Technics turntables in this list:

http://www.nakedresource.com/library_turntables.shtml

In any case, usually the antiskate is set to the same value as the tracking
force. There are more elaborate adjustment procedures...one I remember
using consisted of a grooveless LP: You set the stylus down in the center
of the record with the platter revolving, and adjusted the anti-skate to
keep the arm from yawing in or out. AIRC, the numeric adjustment was
usually close....

jak

- Franc Zabkar