Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Why do you use Facebook?

On 7/7/2016 9:37 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 8:54:54 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Your suggestion was based on your assumption that my kids "need some instruction on
how to NOT post personal information on the computer. " (your words)

That assumption was incorrect. That assumption was also a change of subject.

You are assuming that I took offense. That is another incorrect assumption. I was not offended
by your suggestion, but I do have the right to ask you why you made it. When you give your
reasons, I have the right to point out the error in your thought process. That's called a
conversation.

You say that I don't want to take your advice. That is also incorrect. It's not that I don't *want*
to take your advice, it's that I don't *need* to take your advice. Your suggestion was based on an
incorrect assumption related to my kids' knowledge of internet privacy issues. You brought it
up, I responded. Again, that's called a conversation.

Well, for a guy who's not offended and not
concerned what I think, you sure ramble on
a lot.

Who said I wasn't concerned with what you think? The mere fact that
I have tried to point out the error in your assumption shows that I
care. That certainly doesn't mean I'm offended. Once again, it's called
"conversation".

Have you considered just taking my
suggestion...

Why would I consider taking a suggestion that doesn't fit the
situation?

You made an incorrect assumption and you made a suggestion based on
that incorrect assumption. All I've tried to do is explain why your
assumption was incorrect. Once again, it's called "conversation".

... and apologizing for wasting so much of your and my time?

Thank you for your concern about my time. I don't feel it's been
wasted, but thanks anyway. As far as *your* time, I can't waste that,
only you can. If you consider this conversation to be a waste of your
time, feel free to stop reading my responses and then responding. Only
you have the power to decide how to spend your time.

Yet another goal post shift. You're flailing
around in the dark trying to get some thing to
stick to me. In this case, it's about me, now,
and wasted time. What a pathetic, failed effort.
I make a simple and correct suggestion, and you
waste endless time trying to establish some false
and goofy assertion about it being my problem.

I bet you do this with other people in your life.
When your doctor tries to write you a prescription,
do you spend the next three days trying to get
your doctor to admit that he's mistaken?

--
..
Christopher A. Young