Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Now we've left the EUSSR.

In article ,
Timothy Murphy wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Project Fear was a name the Leave campaigners came up with to try to
discredit the facts they had no answer to.

Unfortunately, time is showing that the worst forecasts are coming true.
I see it is suggested that the pound may fall as low as equality with the
dollar.

Also, all the candidates for the Conservative leadership
(except possibly Gove)
seem to hope to recover exactly the same position with the EU
that we had before the disastrous decision to leave it.

Quite. We joined a Europe free trade area for very good reasons - and
those reasons if anything are more valid today. Any subsequent
consequences of the EU merely being extremely petty regulations or
whatever. That in any case can't (or won't) be reversed.

So the entire operation would seem a complete waste of time.

Rather more than that. With a right wing government in charge, the poor
will suffer even more relatively. The same poor who swung the vote to
leave.

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.