Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Now we've left the EUSSR.

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
In article ,
Martin Barclay wrote:
Brexiters lie. It's what they do.

As did the Remainers & "Project Fear".

You expected Remainers to only give positive facts about being in the
EU? FFS, we've been in it for 40 years. If people really don't know
what they are, just where have they been hiding?

That is part of the difficulty - much of the good bits are seldom spoken
about, and people have little conception of what they are since in 40
years they have become part of the furniture.

And, of course, brainwashed, by so much of the popular meja that the EU
was 'a bad thing' Indeed, I can't think off the top of my head of anything
EU related that wasn't given a 'bad for the UK' spin.

What have the Romans ever done for us?

The leavers did try and give positive 'facts' about leaving. Pretty
well all suppositions or downright lies.

Again, many just a list of possible outcomes...

Yes. 'We will spend the 350m on the NHS'. Without even a thought as to if
we would actually have that 350m as a surplus after leaving.

So giving what might be the downsides of leaving is called 'project
fear' by those who prefer to believe outright lies.

It just demonstrates that the remain camp completely misread the
motivations of the people, and did not understand what their concerns
and frustrations were.

Both sides totally misread the people. Even Farage who has spent so much
effort winding up the poor on the subject of immigration.

The remain campaign was also entirely negative - i.e. if we leave, this
bad thing will happen. Never did they set out to explain what the actual
benefits of being "in" were, what areas of peoples lives were positively
influenced by EU membership and so on. The whole exercise came over as
huge exercise in arrogance which irritated many.

Very true. But those who voted on the basis of giving the establishment a
good kicking are the same ones who will suffer the most by leaving the EU.
And that is the truth which was kept from them.

--
*Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.