Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Now we've left the EUSSR.

On Thursday, 7 July 2016 11:21:44 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
T i m wrote:
There is no doubt that the whole Brexit thing *is* going to cause a
load of upheaval, delay and cost. No one knows how much or for how
long that will last (if not for ever). It may even cost lives (it's
already cost one that I know of) because with any major change there
will be winners and losers.

Do you think the poor who voted out because of high immigration in their
area will end up being winners? If so, could you please explain how?

I think they did partly but you seem to think only one type of person voted to leave. Not all 17 million people are the same.

You won;t understand this until you see what they see.
What they see are the wealth talking about how good immigration is for the economey.

It pushes up house prices which is good for those renting out houses.
not so good for those renting or wanting to buy.
Some workers are being priced out of the market and are expected to take pay cuts, while MPs pay increases.
Over crowding is getting to be a problem, maybe you haven't noticed, but at least it's good for the economy they tell us.
Lots of flats and hoses for sale at £350k + for a 1 bed flat and I don;t see how an economic migrant can afford such a thing.
I clean cars good doesn't sound like a high end CV to me, that could earn him the 40K+ a year he;d need to get a mortgae.

Of course they get most of their info from the media so you'd have to prove to them the media was lying and that there isn't a housing shortage and the healthcare system is better now than it was, and life is better now than it was.