Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 2:08:55 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:

It's obvious that you are indeed the village idiot who either never took
algebra of failed it. Algebra test:

A = B x C

Solve for B = 2, C =3 Everyone else's answer 6

Solve for B = 0, C = 3 Everyone else's answer 0

Village idiot's answer: You can't do that, it's division by Zero,
so there is no answer. FAIL!

Your example above is an equation where the relationships don't *seem*
to matter. Using algebra it can be made into a formula. No, not the
formula your mommy gave you with your apple puree for lunch.

It's obvious to everyone that took algebra that it doesn't need to
be made into a formula, it IS a formula:

A = B x C

0 = 0 x 3

QED.

Tell everyone here that when asked on the most basic algebra test to
solve for A when B=0, C =3 the answer isn't 0. That is everyone else's
answer, it's the correct answer. And no, we didn't divide by zero either
to get the answer.

You really are the village idiot.

Rest of your drival is just the same old crap, trying to force division
by zero, when no division by zero is required.

This is fine where the Ohm's Law *formula* is used for "voltage drop"
because "voltage drop" *also* requires there be a non-zero current
flowing through a non-zero resistance. Which brings us right back to
the original "Al Gebra" post you started arguing with me about.

There is no such requirement for Ohm's law. With a current of zero,
and finite resistance, Ohm's law gives zero for the voltage. Show
us a credible reference that says that Ohm's law says the current
can't be zero. You can't because it doesn't. Did you graph it yet?
It goes right through the origin. So sad how far the country has
sunk in math skills. You probably think we won our independence
from France in 1940 too.