Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Why do you use Facebook?

On 7/6/2016 10:51 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 9:37:01 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/6/2016 9:18 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I do not use Facebook, based on a long-ago request from my "kids". They
are all adults now, ranging in age from 23 - 28 and have been on Facebook
since high school. Back then we sat down and discussed the pros and cons
of the internet and specifically Facebook. I trusted my kids back then and
I trust them even more now. They requested that SWMBO and I not join Facebook
so that they could have their privacy. We went along with that request.

1) You don't need to be in contact with your
family to use facebook. You can be part of a
social circle of neighbors, work associates,
hobbies, etc.

2) I used to have my Father as a FB contact. He
was really impolite about some thing, can't
remember what. And I unfriended him. Of course,
this is the man who used to read letters I had
written, whenever he found them. Such as left
on the kitchen table before I went to the post
office. He'd mark them up with proof readers
marks, and comments. Sounds like you're a lot
more respectful than my Father.

It sounds like your father was trying to teach you to be
a better writer. If I saw paragraph (2) above lying
on the kitchen table, I'd probably mark it up also.

Change of subject noted.

--
..
Christopher A. Young