Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default (OT) Why do you use Facebook?

On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 2:30:29 PM UTC-4, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 7/6/2016 11:12 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/6/2016 11:16 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Not true. Wanting their privacy is very different than not wanting us
to see what they post. That might be hard for some to understand, but I
get it. In addition, we have lots of family members, including my
(and SWMBO's) brothers and sisters who are FB friends with my kids. If
my kids were trying to hide things from us, Facebook would not be the
place to do it. They simply asked for some separation and we honored
that request. It's called trust and respect.

I will say it sounds a little strange considering the rest of your
family joins in. Aunts and Uncles OK, but keep mom and dad out of this.

We have the opposite. My kids have been after us to join. My wife
did so she can see photos of the grandkids and such, but does nothing
else. I prefer not to join.

I have a sibling who was diagnosed with leukemia ten years ago. She
kept it a secret from everyone in the family except for one sister,
but she shared it on Facebook with her friends and acquaintances. She
slipped up last year and made a cryptic reference to her 'condition'
in a FB post shared with family. After a casual question was asked of
the sister in the know ("So - what's up with Sis?"), she broke down
and let the cat out of the bag. Sister with leukemia has now disowned
us for intruding on her privacy.

Yes, she's nuts.

I hope that you (and the rest of the disowned family) will be there for
her if the need arises. Don't hold her nuttiness against her. Illness and
stress can make us do some weird stuff, but very few of us want to suffer
alone.