Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 12:44:23 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 7/5/2016 9:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 1:11:18 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 7/4/2016 11:21 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 10:45:10 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 7/3/2016 5:44 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 5:49:10 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 7/3/2016 2:13 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 1:51:53 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Serious question, are you an Alzheimer's patient??

Serious question, are you the village idiot? Never mind, we know the answer.
You just posted a link to an abstract about a study that was conducted. You're
so stupid that you think that's "proof". It just says a study was done,
a little about the methodology and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the results. And you want to talk about my mental health and brains? If we didn't already know
you're the village idiot, that would go a long way to proving it.

I posted 4 links. Which one are you talking about? Care to discuss
what the article actually contained, or do you just enjoy being vague?

I already went through it with you. Once again, you're the village idiot.
Time to change your screen name again, to better troll, perhaps?

I like this article. Read the full article describing all the tech stuff
and results. IOW's, you'll ignore it because it proves you wrong.

"Formation of carcinogens indoors by surface-mediated reactions of
nicotine with nitrous acid, leading to potential third hand smoke hazards.

This study shows that residual nicotine from tobacco smoke sorbed
to indoor surfaces reacts with ambient nitrous acid (HONO) to
form carcinogenic tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNAs). Substan-
tial levels of TSNAs were measured on surfaces inside a smokers
vehicle. Laboratory experiments using cellulose as a model indoor
material yielded a10-fold increase of surface-bound TSNAs when
sorbed secondhand smoke was exposed to 60 ppbv HONO for 3 hours. In both
cases we identified
1-(N-methyl-N-nitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridinyl)-4-butanal, a TSNA absent in
freshly emitted tobaccosmoke, as the major product. The potent
carcinogens 4-(methy-lnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridinyl)-1-butanone and
N-nitroso nornicotine were also detected. Time-course measurements
revealed fast TSNA formation, with up to 0.4% conversion of nicotine..
Given the rapid sorption and persistence of high levels of nicotine on
indoor surfaces€”including clothing and human skin€”this recently
identified process represents an unappreciated health hazard through
dermal exposure, dust inhalation, and ingestion. These findings raise
concerns about exposures to the tobacco smoke residue that has
been recently dubbed €śthirdhand smoke.€ť Our work highlights the
importance of reactions at indoor interfaces, particularly those
involving amines and NO x/HONO cycling, with potential health impacts."

http://www.pnas.org/content/107/15/6576.full.pdf

Note what they did. They used a closed car, the worst environment
possible. And they concluded that smoking there leaves traces.
I could have saved them the money, we all know that. What did they
conclude "with potential health impacts". Almost anything today
has potential health impacts, even drinking the water in most
municipal water systems.

WRONG! They showed this result:

"This study shows that residual nicotine from tobacco smoke sorbed
to indoor surfaces reacts with ambient nitrous acid (HONO) to
form carcinogenic tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNAs)."

Wrong? What's wrong? I told you flat out I didn't need to even do
a study to know that you'd get tobacco byproducts in a closed car.
Good grief.

It said: "Formation of carcinogens indoors".

IOW, the study isn't simply about byproducts in a closed car. The
results apply to "indoors", not just in a closed car.

Just like the studies that showed saccharin was going to kill us all,
so it was banned. But oooops, turned out they had bad studies, took
results from rats, extrapolated it to humans and it was all junk science.
You really need to stay away from science, you're clueless. All they
showed was that some potentially harmful residue winds up on the interior
of a closed car where smoking has been going on. Didn't need a study to
tell you that. They haven't shown that any of it is in any way harmful
to someone who comes along later and sits in the car. I showed you
similar lists, of "cancer causing products" that are in our house.
Hot dogs, Ajaax, shampoo, etc. OMG, think of the lives lost!

AND this:

"Given the rapid sorption and persistence of high levels of nicotine on
indoor surfaces€”including clothing and human skin€”this recently
dermal exposure, dust inhalation, and ingestion. These findings raise
concerns about exposures to the tobacco smoke residue that has
been recently dubbed €śthirdhand smoke."

"These findings raise concerns about exposures to the tobacco smoke residue"

Obviously you don't get around much. I gave you a cite where they list
the top 10 cancer causing substances found in our homes. Shampoo, hot dogs,
etc are on the list. I can find you endless studies that "raise concerns".
Based on that we should ban hot dogs, shampoo, coffee, and half the things
in our homes. BTW, how the hell does that tobacco residue get to you
when it's in a private restaurant or bar if you don't go in the place?
Answer, it doesn't.

The carcinogens deposited on any surface during that private room
restaurant smoking event leach out and combine with VOC's in the room
and air to create MORE dangerous toxins.

For an engineer, you really have a difficult time putting details
together to form a logical thought.

--
Maggie

For a village idiot you obviously are totally lacking in science.
Or even common sense. You look at a video of some out of control
jerks clearly resisting arrest, fighting with police and then come
in here and say that they were arrested for jay walking. That's
what lib loons do.