Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default (OT) Why do you use Facebook?

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 4:48:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Being that most posters on this newsgroup are of "advanced age", I have
to ask why you use Facebook (if you do)?

....snip...

What's YOUR excuse for using Facebook?

I do not use Facebook, based on a long-ago request from my "kids". They
are all adults now, ranging in age from 23 - 28 and have been on Facebook
since high school. Back then we sat down and discussed the pros and cons
of the internet and specifically Facebook. I trusted my kids back then and
I trust them even more now. They requested that SWMBO and I not join Facebook
so that they could have their privacy. We went along with that request.

All 4 have my kids have become productive adults and, more importantly, good
people. The boys have very good jobs, one daughter just earned a dual-Masters
degree and found a great job even before she graduated. The other daughter
will earn her Masters in 2017 and is already working in the Senior Living
environment, building programs to enhance the lives of *us*, as part of the
aging population.

We talk all the time via phone, email and text. We are all on great terms
and they have always respected our opinions and advice. We let them have
their Facebook space and it has worked out just fine.