Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 12:38:18 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 7/5/2016 9:15 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 1:05:57 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 7/4/2016 11:01 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 6:07:32 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Do you think it is the right of the people to pursue LIFE??

Yes, but you obviously don't. Pursuing life means the ability to be able
to have a cigar dinner in a private room at a private restaurant with out
silly libs like you banning it. I think paragliding and mountain climbing
are risky. Ok, now we need to ban it, because people die from it. See
how that works?

I guess we just see things differently. People risk their own lives
when they para-glide or mountain climb. OTOH, people risk others lives
when they smoke, which is wrong to do.

See how that works?

No, because it's not true. If we were allowed to have a smoking bar,
a smoking restaurant, the only people risking anything are the people
who choose to go there. If you were a conservative, you'd understand
that, but instead, as usual, you spin, lie and deflect. That's what
libs do.

The point is restaurant owners don't want to limit their clientele.

The point is you're an idiot. If restaurant owners don't want to limit
their clientele, then why do we need a law that FORCES them?

It's
fiscally stupid to do so.

No it's not. If I'm the only bar in town that allows smoking, then
I could have more business than most other bars, because smokers will
come to my bar. Even now in the dwindling states where smoking is
still allowed in bars, there are bars that allow smoking, thereby
proving your point stupid.

A smoke free environment doesn't prevent
smokers from dining because the environment makes them sick. OTOH, a
smoking environment prevents non-smokers from dining because the
environment is toxic to them.

Any conservative will tell you the simple, free market solution, is
YOU go to a smoke free restaurant, smokers will go to ones that allow
smoking. But there is no compromise with you lib types, you want to
force everyone to live by your ways. Smoking, soda, salt, guns, fat
will be next.

A non-smoking environment is more profitable AND healthy for all who
might attend.

Typical lib mentality. You don't own the bar, yet you're the one that's
smarter than the owner, to tell them what they have to do.

[...]

How can I twist a direct quote from the Constitution? It lists 3
rights: "that among these are *Life*"!

Why do people always emphasize liberty and the pursuit of happiness?
Without LIFE we can't pursue liberty OR happiness. Should we pursue
LIFE that leads to sickness and disease, or pursue LIFE that leads to a
high standard of health? Gee ... let me think. hmmmm

It's up to each individual to pursue their life according to their wishes.
Having a separate bar or restaurant for smokers doesn't infringe on your
life, your rights. But YOU, with the heavy hand of govt, are infringing
on smokers. You're no conservative.

On the contrary - I'm a advocate for healthy air. Everyone should do
likewise because we all breath air. It's a health issue - not a
political issue. I can be a conservative and still promote breathable
air in public venues. Conservatives tend to look at the entire picture
vs. such a narrow viewpoint as you keep preaching.

I think I'll pursue LIFE that leads to a high standard of health.
Without that, pursuing liberty and happiness can be fairly difficult to
attain.

Great. The problem is that you're forcing YOUR pursuit on the rest
of us who have different pursuits.

Contrary to your ideology, the Constitution actually states that we have
a right to "pursue LIFE", and that's what I'm doing.

OTOH, you're promoting the idea that people are free to spread toxic
waste because you feel it's their right to practice such a freedom.

That mindset is simply nuts. You'd rather people spread toxic waste in
the name of freedom vs. promote healthy air in the name of pursuing LIFE.

That isn't what happens in a bar that allows smoking. Only people who
wish to be there are there. It's idiots like you that can't allow people
with differing values to have their rights too. It's what libs do.