Ampdoc

Default SONY TV Horizontal Problem...... ART

Some repairmen like to make a decent living. We flat rate our labor, and it
averages out. $200 is not reasonable labor for a shop repair unless the shop
had to pick up and deliver the unit. $55 to 65 is reasonable if you fix the
unit, and in home is worth much more as you have to lug all the equipment
with you and work in bad conditions with the screaming kids, barking dogs,
bad light, people breathing over your neck while you're trying to fix their
set, etc. When a shop fixes any problem in 15 minutes that means the tech is
good. You are paying for experience when you see that. What about the first
time the guy saw that problem and spent days trying to fix it with
inadequate support from the mfr? What you don't seem to consider is the
first time the repairman saw that problem he probably lost his a$$ fixing
it, also you fail to consider training for each new model year, required
subscriptions to manuals, Insurance required by manufacturers to be an
authorized servicer, (usually $1,000,000 coverage or more) and the other
things like paying employees, in other words when john q. backyard tvguy
fixes a set in the garage he doesn't have any OVERHEAD. It doesn't cost him
to maintain a shop, and if he does a bad job and the unit catches on fire
and burns down your house you can bet he doesn't have insurance that will
cover it, but an authorized servicer DOES because you can't get authorized
without it. I've been professionaly repairing electronics for ASC's for 14+
years and I know my experience is worth what I charge.
/rant

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.
"Ken G." wrote in message
Hey man this is a place where some people want to try possible easy
repairs
the only thing you post is ``take it to the shop`` well DUH everyone
knows that .

Some people are tired of shops charging 200$ to replace a 2$ part in 15
minutes