Posted to sci.electronics.design, sci.electronics.equipment, sci.electronics.repair, alt.engineering.electrical
DaveC[_4_] DaveC[_4_] is offline

Default Loose micro USB cables

On 5 Jul 2016, Jeff Liebermann writ:

While that's some movement while charging, it's probably not enough to
arc over the contacts. Still, if the receptacle is loose, and you're
getting an intermittent connection, it might do some arcing. Any
evidence of an intermittent connection on the battery meter or monitor
program?

Well, thats the symptom that drives my search for the cause. Suddenly no
charge indicator. Then I move the cable, €śbeep-boop€ť the indicator shows
charging. Is this a case of chicken or egg?
Hmmmm... Is you charging cable very thin (small diameter)? At 2A,
tinsel and ultra fine wire cables can easily turn into fuses. Any
chance your cable failures are fused wire failures instead of
connector failures?

Never go for those thin ones. Always fat (5mm?) ones.