Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 11:27:17 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 7/5/2016 2:27 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 00:28:53 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

1. Riding in a car while my parents smoked made me sick to my stomach,
sometimes, severely. I was told it was all in my head and there was no
physical reason I should get sick. Now, we know that "THS reacts with
nitrous oxide (for example from gas appliances or car engines) in the
air creating carcinogens known as nitrosamines. When volatile organic
compounds (VOCs) in THS react with ozone in the air to create
formaldehyde among other chemicals."

Additionally, formaldehyde can make people sick.

2. Secondhand smoke causes molecular changes in cells which lead to
insulin resistance (simplistically, the precursor to diabetes.)"

I was exposed to high levels of secondhand and thirdhand smoke for
approximately 20 years - I'm now type 2 diabetic. The information
indicates there is a connection between secondhand smoke exposure and 2
illnesses I've dealt with, so yes, I believe those explanations are valid.

Have you ever read all of the statistics about the dangers of having a
gun in your house?
That extends to your neighbor's house in some of these studies.
Other safety nazi is coming after you.

Separate issues.

Yeah, second hand bullets are far more dangerous than second hand
smoke but you have your crusade so rock on.