Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
John Larkin[_4_] John Larkin[_4_] is offline

Default Loose micro USB cables

On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 07:09:49 -0700, DaveC wrote:

On 4 Jul 2016, John Larkin wrote:

Maybe the phone connector is damaged. It gets a lot of wear. My phone
has some damaged pins that mangled the mates too. It has
cradle-charging connections on the side, so I use that now.

I think the fact that for 6 weeks there’s no problem eliminates the
possibility that the phone connector is damaged.

It’s not the electrical pins, it’s the robustness of the physical
retention mechanism.

Thanks,
Dave

I have cameras and cables that have been mated/unmated maybe 1000
times, no problems. I bet the phone is breaking the cables.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com