Posted to sci.electronics.design, sci.electronics.equipment, sci.electronics.repair, alt.engineering.electrical
DaveC[_4_] DaveC[_4_] is offline

Default Loose micro USB cables

think I pay about $1/ea for cables.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141558130661
You might want to stock up on cables.

All the purdee colors! This is the brand you buy? (looking for a
recommendation not just Google results...)

I can't tell from your description why your cables are failing. I
don't think it's the cables as most of them are quite durable. The
connector is rated for 10,000 insertion/removal cycles. If you
plugged and unplugged your phone 4 times per day, that's 2,500 days or
6.8 years.

Hence my inquiry here.

How often do *you* replace a micro-USB cable, Jeff?
I occasionally see some problems caused by rubberized phone "protectors".

Not using a case or protector.
Thanks.