Sarah

Default Why I don't have a plasma or LCD TV either

Did you get a chance to compare LCD & Plasma when playing xbox of ps2
games?

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:05:38 -0700 (MST), (Ken G.)
wrote:

On to the topic matter .
I also repair and mostly newer stuff for a salvage buyer . I have had
the chance to sit down in my home with both plasma and LCD tv sets of
about 37 inch screens . They look nice but you cant get as ``real`` of
picture from them as you can from a CRT . The plasma is better at
viewing from an angle .
The LCD set ( Sharp Aquos ) had a stunning picture on new brodcasts but
totaly horrible picture on old video or black & white shows very blury &
pixely . The LCD also was bad at off center viewing angles . The picture
in this was so bright it was impossible to watch it in a low light room
, turning down the contrast e.t.c. was no good .. could not get the
bright whites down without getting the whole picture to dark . The
plasma was much better at finding a mellow picture for a darker room .