Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Pinhole Size Leak in Water Pipe; Moldable Putty products That Work, etc. ?

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 17:37:32 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 7/4/2016 4:57 PM, Micky wrote:
If there is no room, as to epoxies, this worked with a leaking drain
pipe, but I'm not sure if the pressure in a supply pipe would stop it
from working. Of course its' a pin hole so the pressure x area might
be spread about over greater area??? Anyhow PC-7, comes in two 4oz
cans that will keep for 20+ years if you're careful not to let any of
one mix iwth the other and get back in a can. Ace Hardware has the
2-4oz. size. Comes in smaller sizes too/

I'd suggest to turn off the water, and drain
the pipes as best possible. Wire brush the
leaking area. Mix and apply two part epoxy
such as JB Weld. Allow more than the package
stated hardening time. Best wishes.

Everyone likes JB weld for some reaosn but PC-7 or 11 is better for
this situation, if not always. It's less runny and more like clay
even before it sets.

Yeah turning off the water is not a bad idea. I dont' think draining
would be needed with PC-7. Maybe sanding the pipe to rough it up a
bit. But the pressure when the water's turned back on... well maybe
it won't have much effect since it's a pinhole.