Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So much for Nigels NHS promises...

On Monday, 4 July 2016 18:54:57 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 03/07/2016 10:54, dennis@home wrote:
On 02/07/2016 21:11, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message

Older people actually make a net contribution to the economy of about
£58bn per year.

From what?

Their income stream, pensions investments etc.

I pay tax from my pension and none of that pension comes from the state
so I am a net contributor ATM.

The group that is imposing the heaviest burden on the NHS is the 83+
group. This group doesn't have the generous pensions that the baby
boomers are getting.

But they have been working (mostly) and paid taxes most of thier lives some may have even fought in the war.

The state pension is worth about £244,000 per
person.

What do you mean by worth ?

Only the top 25% of taxpayers ever paid in enough tax and NI
(after deducting all the 'free' education and NHS that they received
when their kids were younger) to cover this total.

How was all this free.

If you are 0ver 65 then the state pension does come from the state.

There are others that are not net contributors like all the public
service/state pensioners where the pensions are paid out of taxes.

They all spend money to make the economy go though.

Older people like me spend more on trades as we just don't want to hand
dig drives and stuff like that any more.

Not if you are retired, receive a public service unfunded pension
and you have chosen to live elsewhere in the EU and spend your
UK taxpayer-provided largesse on another countries GDP.

Which is part of teh reason why Spain benifits from expats.

Lots do.
Even those fools who live in Spain and have just the UK state pension
and winter heating allowance, are boosting the Spanish economy, even
if they only eat in 'British egg'n'chip parlours'.

But iof someone arrives in the UK tomorrow then how much have they contributed to the NHS or schools a in their own country and B in to the UK ?