Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Making rubber sticky question

On 7/5/2016 10:37 AM, pamela wrote:
On 10:11 5 Jul 2016, Capitol wrote:

ss wrote:
I have a rubber wedge for holding a door open, the door has a
not very powerful door closer.
The `wedge` only has the tip that will fit under the door due
to low clearance.
The wedge slips on the floor tiles usually after a few minutes
and the door closes.
Any ideas on how I could make the rubber slightly tacky to stop
it slipping ?

Buy a Lidl door stop next time they are on offer. The
weight holds it in place IME.

Lidl was selling those round Ordex door stoppers last week. They look
quite stylish too.

The lump of steel with a rubber ring round it and a rubber base? I have
one of those too (but don't kick it in bare feet or slippers).