Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
John Larkin[_4_] John Larkin[_4_] is offline

Default Loose micro USB cables

On Mon, 04 Jul 2016 19:16:48 -0700, DaveC wrote:

A new cable works wonderfully. For maybe 6 weeks. Then when I use the Samsung
phone while charging... "Beep-boop, beep-boop”, charge indicator on, off,
on, off. Over and over.

Replace cable, all is well.

Rinse, repeat.

Buying a new cable every month is not expensive but also not something one
should have to do.

Yes, I've cleaned out the phone's connector of lint and debris.

I've seen instructions re. fixing the cable connector by bending the tension
pins (external, bottom-side) but there are several types of tensioning
designs; not all are repairable, IME.

Anyone find a long-term fix, or quality cable that avoids this problem
altogether?

Thanks.

Maybe the phone connector is damaged. It gets a lot of wear. My phone
has some damaged pins that mangled the mates too. It has
cradle-charging connections on the side, so I use that now.

USB is really mediocre. The polarization is always ambiguous (except
for the ancient B connector), the pins are flimsy, and there are so
many different "universal" connectors.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement