Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default Way to slow down box fan?

On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 4:02:57 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jul 2016 19:44:02 +0000, JP Huie
wrote:

replying to pilgrim, JP Huie wrote:

I've been reading this group for maybe 20 years and I don't remember
any pilgrim.

But I might have missed say, one lone post.

If he's still reading I have some info, but I'm not going to the
trouble of writing it unless someone who is reading wants to know how
to slow a fan.

Just want to add that a larger fan (blade diameter) will produce less noise
for the amount of air moved. So a larger fan (I'd shoot for 20" at least) on a
slowish speed might move enough air AND be quieter. Problem may be finding
one... I bought earlier model of this from Amazon, but reviews on current
model arent' to good. You can check Grainger but they don't seem to give the
diameters, so maybe go to mfg's website for that...
https://www.amazon.com/AirKing-9166-...657395&sr=1-10

If you bothered to go to the link you would see...even TDD is there, from 2 yrs ago! :^(